URGENT question on G9 camera housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jumpinjammin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a G9 camera housing and it has a tiny crack in the clip where it closes. Im worried the seal wont hold because of it.
Is their a way to replace the clip for cheap.
I really need help I have no other place to go.
It is the orange clip that closes the camera, it is the clip that closes the camer together.

jj--First off, welcome to SB. Let me make sure, the crack is not actually in the housing itself, right? If it is only on the latch it could be less problematic, since there would be no real water pressure concerns on an external part like this. Where on the latch is the crack--when you slowly close or open the latch, can you see the crack flex open at all? Once the latch is closed there is not as much stress put on it, so possibly things would hold fine if opening & closing isn't causing the crack to spread.

Depending on where it is cracked you may not have a big problem and Canon does do housing repair. A latch should not be the biggest of deals to replace, but then again, I'm not a technician (nor do I play one on TV). Dive the housing w/out a camera and maybe put in a tissue or something to see if there might be a leak. Cracks never get smaller though and I would think for peace of mind you would eventually want to replace it. I would also post this on the "Canon Corner" as well, might get a better response. Good luck. // ww

The crack is not on the housing, it is on the latch, you can see the crack from just looking at it. When you close the latch that is when it flexes open, (very very little).
Thank you so much for your help
Where I find the canon corner?

Back
Top Bottom