URGENT NEWS FOR ENTRY TO GALAPAGOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom@DiveAdvice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
New rule effective August 27:

All people entering Galapagos need to be fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR within 72 hours before entry.

To enter Ecuador is still vaccination or PCR.

Galapagos is both and at this time they are not accepting antigen.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you cannot get the test before leaving your home country, if you have time in Guayaquil or Quito before the trip we can help you organize a PCR .

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
www.diveadvice.com
Tel: +33 492 94 02 99 (France)

http://www.diveadvice.com/liveaboard-availability … for up-to-date liveaboard availability worldwide

"In Partnership with Amazing Adventures Travel of Mill Valley, California"

New rule effective August 27:

All people entering Galapagos need to be fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR within 72 hours before entry.

To enter Ecuador is still vaccination or PCR.

Galapagos is both and at this time they are not accepting antigen.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you cannot get the test before leaving your home country, if you have time in Guayaquil or Quito before the trip we can help you organize a PCR .

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
www.diveadvice.com
Tel: +33 492 94 02 99 (France)

http://www.diveadvice.com/liveaboard-availability … for up-to-date liveaboard availability worldwide

"In Partnership with Amazing Adventures Travel of Mill Valley, California"

Thank you for the heads up. Sure things will probably change a hundred times between now and then but we are due to be there in February and like to stay abreast of the current situation.

Also thanks for the information from my side. Is there any official information about it? Couldn't find anything on the Nationalpark authorities website and Twitter.
As I depart tomorrow for Galapagos and haven't heard anything from my LOB agency I wonder how many of the other guests will have problems getting onto the islands..

We also have many clients en route at this time and I just got an update with an official document from the Ecuador ministry of tourism stating that the new entry requirements are as of August 31, so hopefully that means you will slip under the door if you will be entering Galapagos prior to that. The original ruling was Aug 27 but it appears that they got some feedback that it was being enforced too quickly ! It does however mean that from Aug 31, only people who have been vaccinated at least 15 days earlier and who can show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of boarding the flight to GPS, will be allowed to enter. According to the information I currently have, the requirement to enter Ecuador is either vaccination more than 15 days prior, or PCR test, but I understand you are not permitted to enter Galapagos without being vaccinated. You must also complete the digital health declaration found at https://bit.ly/3mka9tl
I will try and find an official website to direct you to but this is information that should have already been provided to you. Good luck and have a fabulous trip. Dom@diveadvice.com

FYI - you must present original copy of vaccination proof, they will not accept copies nor have it on your phone. They only accept PCR swab test - not Antigen. Tests. Who knows how strict they will be but that is the news I have.

It appears that arriving in Ecuador until Aug 31, you are only requited to show proof of vaccination or PCR test and the same to Galapagos. From Aug 31, you can still arrive in Ecuador with just one or other, but in order to continue to Galapagos they require you have both. I understand that the Turks & Caicos also require proof of full vaccination and negative Covid test but it can be PCR or Antigen, to enter from Sep 1. I expect many more countries will follow that regulation. Dom@diveadvice.com

upload_2021-8-26_12-48-36.jpeg

Thank you so much. About two hours ago I received my negative PCR result so I should've been fine, even if the new rules would've come to effect as of tomorrow (though results were only provided by email to me).. I'll bring my yellow vaccination passport, that should be fine too, I guess? Only problem I still have is having packed too much stuff for my 23kg baggage allowance (first time travelling with own diving equipment..) - hope the 5mm wetsuit will be sufficient for current water temperatures there :)

Hi there - I think you sound good for entry and sometimes they may hit your for excess on the domestic flight but I suggest you put as much of the heavy stuff in your carry on and in the past they have rarely weighed that. However 5mm might be a littele cool in the central islands and more so at Fernandina & Isabela. Which boat are you on as most will be able to rent you a 5-7,, shorty to wear on the outside of your 5mm suit. If you had more time I would suggest that you buy a lycra or 2mm vest and attached hood that you wear under your 5mm. Layers are really what counts most in thermal protection and that should be enough. But if you a roughy-toughie diver as we all used to be, the 5mm will be enough. Just keep swimming and you will be fine. I am so exited for you - got to be one of the best time you could ever do this trip. Have fun and please let us know after you get back what you thought of it. Best dom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom