URGENT- Divers I need your help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is also Pirate week in Bonaire. Not sure of the details, but there is some sort of a "capture the flag" contest that goes on during that time.

But really the fun of diving is about having a good dive, and acheiving personal "bests" or goals. For example, I want to dive in all 50 states.... not really a competition, but a sort of challenge.

Life is already full of too many competitions! I can only tolerate this noise during SI because of the ability to dive and really appreciate life.

Cheers & Happy Diving.

tutti_frutti:
Part of this investigation I have been asked to find out if there are any major compeititons that are held currently for Scuba Diving.Jayne

Some of us have thought about just how to safely old some kind of underwater contest. Someone jokingly suggested racing to the surface from 120 feet. First one up gets a free helicopter ride. Seriously, just about any kind of contest you can think of would would put the winer at serious risk

We have come up with a few. There is the Annual Easter egg hunt The names of cards are writen on eggs and these are hiddel around a shallow reef. Divers hunt for th eggs (in tipical low viz condidtions) and are limited to five eggs. The diver with the best pokker hand wins.

scubapolly:
For example, I want to dive in all 50 states.... not really a competition, but a sort of challenge.

How are you doing so far? Been to Washington yet?

The 20th National Public Safety Diver Championship and Forum will be held in Orlando in April 2007. It's been moved from October of this year due to hurricane season and the "prior commitments" participating agencies have experienced during this time of year as of late. It is a competetive and educational event open to police, fire and volunteer public safety dive teams. Sponsorship of the event is via the Central Florida Fire Academy and the Orange County Sheriffs Office.

Back
Top Bottom