Urgent - Camera needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to get a good digital camera and case - go down to 100 ft ...looking for low profile and interested in getting in NOW and having it ship in 24 hours. I need a suggestions and a website...

I have a 8.24MP DX-8000G with housing and wet wide angle lens, which has only seen use a couple of times. 1/1.8 sensor, manual as well as automatic modes. Looks like new, not even cosmetic scratches. Also have a strobe, if you want such, also pristine.

this guy's gallery was shot with a DX-8000G:

ScubaBoard Gallery - scuba e Gallery

Otherwise, try Amazon, maybe get Canon S90/WP-DC35 with overnight shipping?

I'm not sure how much money you want to spend, but for about $1000 dollars you can get the Sea&Sea DX-2G and for about $700 you can get the DX-1G. I currently own the DX-1G and I am very happy with the camera. Click on my photos link in the left panel, under my screen name and see my Galapagos, Turks and calicos, and Eleuthera pics that I took with the DX-1G. The camera can be used in both a point and shoot and full manual mode. There are a lot of accessories you can purchase as well (stays, strobes, wide angle lens, close-up lens, and you can even get a fisheye lens. All lenses can be changed while diving. You can purchase this camera online and have it shipped overnight.

Regards,

Bill

I want to get a good digital camera and case - go down to 100 ft ...looking for low profile and interested in getting in NOW and having it ship in 24 hours. I need a suggestions and a website...
define good, and what's your budget?

Did someone forget a birthday? :D Or did you just think of it before going on a trip?

Good luck on your hunt - but it seems to me unless your budget is under $300 (which considerably narrows down your options) there is too much selection out there to make recommendations.

With more info on what you're looking for - price range, manual functionality, p/s, ability to upgrade with accessories (strobes, etc), etc - I am sure the group can offer suggestions. But I have yet to see any online group agree on one camera.

Jack is right (in my opinion), I have never seen consensus on this forum for one camera. That said, most of the recommendations that you will get on this forum are "good" or "very good" cameras that have the capability of producing excellent pictures. My belief is that the quality of the pics taken with any of the cameras mentioned in this forum depends more on the skill of the individual taking the picture than the camera itself.

Regards,

Bill

What is your budget?

Go to amazon.ca and get the Canon G11 packaged with the wp-dc34

You're right there Bill. The board does have good opinions from a quality standpoint. I have just never seen them agree on any one kind. Frankly it would scare me if they did! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom