Uploading files from thread(not working)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This was touched on in the BHB thread but no solutions were offered.
When attempting to post pictures the insert image box in the post does not work.
When you hit select files nothing happens. This use to work fine.
Can still post to the gallery and then from there but the other way to me is much more convenient.
Any fixes?
Thnx in advance

something is not working... the "basic uploader" is a work around...

watching to see if there is a response. Might want to put it over in site support as it seems to be an issue (for me) in other areas as well..

edit: I linked a post in general support to this one..

Been using the "basic uploader" workaround for the last couple of weeks. Seems to work OK for me.

Been using the "basic uploader" workaround for the last couple of weeks. Seems to work OK for me.

you are able to hit the image button in the thread? It works?

Hydro-Atlantic-Tech-Meg.jpg

Hello...

Since I was able to post this image using the regular uploader, please list what browser, browser version, os and version of that you're attempting to use for this error so that I can try to reproduce it.

This was touched on in the BHB thread but no solutions were offered.
Thank you for posting this in site support. I don't monitor random threads for signs of trouble, so wouldn't be able to help without the issue being posted in the Site Support forum.

Additionally, I've merged the multiple threads about this topic, and moved the thread from "Photo Gallery" issues, as this is about posting images on ScubaBoard using the uploader.

Thanks

ie11 and win7

Yes, It appears that the Flash Uploader doesn't work with Windows 7 using IE 11 or on IE 10 for that matter.

However, it does work with Windows 8 and IE 11. It also works with other browsers including Chrome and Firefox on either version of windows mentioned.

With that being said, I really can't fix an issue that only effects very specific versions and not all versions. If the flash uploader didn't work across multiple browsers and platforms, then it would be a problem that I could fix.

My advice would be either A) use a browser that works, or B) use the basic uploader.

Thanks.

Yes. The image icon brings up a dialog box.
you are able to hit the image button in the thread? It works?

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2015 at 08:20 PM ----------

My problem is with OS X 10.10.2 and FireFox 35.0.1. Same thing on my iPad.The dialog box comes up but the select files button doesn't do anything. I just click on basic uploader and it works going that way.
Yes, It appears that the Flash Uploader doesn't work with Windows 7 using IE 11 or on IE 10 for that matter.

However, it does work with Windows 8 and IE 11. It also works with other browsers including Chrome and Firefox on either version of windows mentioned.

With that being said, I really can't fix an issue that only effects very specific versions and not all versions. If the flash uploader didn't work across multiple browsers and platforms, then it would be a problem that I could fix.

My advice would be either A) use a browser that works, or B) use the basic uploader.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom