Upgrading PADI Junior Certification Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, stick with the junior card. The PADI Regional Manager was out here earlier this month, that's one thing I asked him about what the $40 for an electronic copy of your card with their app. He said it's a new revenue stream. I asked him if they considered they might sell more if they lowered the price, he said he's not sure. He did say they are considering giving people an option between an ecard and a physical card.

I agree, stick with the junior card. The PADI Regional Manager was out here earlier this month, that's one thing I asked him about what the $40 for an electronic copy of your card with their app. He said it's a new revenue stream. I asked him if they considered they might sell more if they lowered the price, he said he's not sure. He did say they are considering giving people an option between an ecard and a physical card.

you have to like his honesty :)

My son will be in the same boat in a year. We are getting Master Diver certified in June. He will be 14, a Jr Master Diver. Then next year he will be 15 and a Master Diver, with a stack of Jr diver cert cards. If it were me, I'd use all my Jr diver cards, "yeah I've been Master Diver certified since I was 14...Thank you, thank you"

Back
Top Bottom