Upgrading my scuba camera kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingKDawg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had a Canon G7X with Ikelite housing and 2 x DS51 strobes for years and happy with the results vs size but I'm ready to upgrade to a larger camera for more control/less soft buttons to scroll through and really seem to prefer Nikon images I see to Canon. I'm looking at a variety of Nikon DSLRs both new and used. Hoping to keep pricing for a full package (camera/lens/housing/strobes) under $5K (may have some wiggle room if the right package comes along). What Nikon models should I be looking at and what lenses work best in an underwater housing (Likely Ikelite although Sea and Sea is an option. Nauticam seems to be a much pricier option. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

The Nikkor 60mm and 105mm lenses are the "go to" lenses for Nikon.

I've been using a D300 and D7100 / D7200 for years with Sea and Sea housings and strobes (electronic cable).

Funny you should ask. I am selling my Aquatica housing Inon Z330 strobes and all ports for a Nikon Z6ii. I wasn't planning on selling the camera body but could possibly consider it. Please DM me if you would like more information. All gear has only been used on 2 dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom