Upgrade Lightroom 1.4 to 2 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
newly land-locked in Cinci-freaking-natti
# of dives
Has anyone done the upgrade from LR1.x to 2 ?

If so did you have any issues with your photos / keywords etc. when letting it do the conversion of your database or did you just start from scratch ? (I know the beta didn't convert but the real version does - but does it do a good job ??)

any other potential issues related to the photos (I don't care about performance)?

No problems here. I've said it once and I'll say it again (hey, didn't I start a thread on exactly this a while back?!) - just get it.

yes, you had a thread to say you liked it, but didn't mention if you'd upgraded your database of photos or started again from scratch [not a pleasant proposition with about 75GB of photos]. I had read that in the beta of 2 you couldn't upgrade a 1.x database, but in the full 2 version you now can (but some people on other forums had mentioned issues with keywords/collections and others had stated they had started again from scratch)

Hi Stu:

I upgraded a couple of months back, and yes, there was an issue with my data base. All the key words came across, but it looks like there was a second loading that concatonated the original descriptions. So I had my original key words plus a shorter version. It was pretty easy to clean up, and I am a version 2 convert.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Back
Top Bottom