Updates to Nautilus Lifeline (a v2.0??)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dp4610yz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I notice that the Lifeline is currently almost like 3 years plus in production...
Yes it is a great product.... and i have tots of investing my money to get one...

But just wondering....if there will be new unit coming up soon like a version2.0 type... maybe with more features or longer battery life... i understand that sometimes...if the items isn't broken why come out with a new version.... but over time technology changes...maybe there can be new improvement made or even a reduction in size of item...

Do look forward to hear from Nautilus Lifeline itself :)

Regards
Daniel frm SG

Always room for size reduction as technology improves. They could reduce the size of the electronics and increase the size of the battery therefore improving batt life or boost xmit power with the bigger battery. I just like to speculate for fun.

In the end, I'm curious as well.

Yes we have been working on gen 2. The rapid improvements in components such as the processor is truly staggering. Our vision for Gen 2 includes a "long life" feature in which the LifeLine only needs a charge every couple of years, smaller footprint and better ergonomics as well as many internal component and firmware changes. 80% of the engineering work is complete. Our main challenge is trying to understand upcoming changes in FCC regulations that might affect the LifeLine. Because the LifeLine is a fully functional marine VHF radio, we have to meet extensive certification requirements.. Hope this info helps. Safe diving. Captain Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom