Unusual size manifold needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I need a manifold for a small set of doubles that I'm putting together. Perhaps a manifold that has some adjustment to them? When the cylinders are in the bands that I'm going to use the distance between the centers of the cylinder openings is 7.5"
Any leads would be appreciated. I have looked at OMS and Dive Rite and unless I have missed something they had nothing like I'm looking for.
I would prefer to have a combined manilfold not an isolation. Thank you!

You are probably better off looking for bands that will make the cylinder's have spaceing for an existing manafold.

Likely much cheaper, even if you need to make some custom bands.

Good Point. I had considered that option but so far have been unable to find anyone that is willing to make me a custom set of bands. Any suggestions ?

What tanks are you using? I have a manifold designed for twin AL30's and 40's with a 5 1/8 center to center distance that might work if you can get the tanks closer together.

That is the manifold that I've got as well. I then purchased a set of OMS bands made for 30's and that put the spread out to 7.5 from the 5 1/8" Right now I'd go either way just to get them working. Different manifold or bands. Thanks for the suggestion!

This guy makes custom bands and they are reasonably priced.
Hope it helps :wink:

OWIC647:
That is the manifold that I've got as well. I then purchased a set of OMS bands made for 30's and that put the spread out to 7.5 from the 5 1/8" Right now I'd go either way just to get them working. Different manifold or bands. Thanks for the suggestion!
I am not sure why, but US Divers did not use bands with the double 30/40 setup. They just used the one piece manidold itself to hold the tanks together and incorporated a molded rubber piece slid between the two tanks that then mated with the curved hard pack on most USD BC's. The tanks were then secured with the normal cam band on the BC. It worked ok with a BC but it is not something that is readily useable with a BP and wing.

I contacted the person on E-bay about the custom bands....Thank you

DA, I may go that route as I'm just using it on a standard backpack no BC or plate. I know the system you are talking about and if I was using a one piece manifold it would be great! but with a 3 piece manifold it is not stable enough in my opinion.What do you think ?

I'm curious so please keep us updated about which way you went and how it worked :wink:

OWIC647:
I contacted the person on E-bay about the custom bands....Thank you

DA, I may go that route as I'm just using it on a standard backpack no BC or plate. I know the system you are talking about and if I was using a one piece manifold it would be great! but with a 3 piece manifold it is not stable enough in my opinion.What do you think ?
The one piece manifold makes me nervous enough with no bands just on princple (even though I have never heard of one failing), a three piece manifold would in my opinion be a bit too risky.

Back
Top Bottom