Unusual Cove 2 experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
(I posted this on another board but it was unusual enough to me anyway that I'm posting it hear as well)

I had some new equipment to check out and the sun was shining today so I went to Cove 2 this afternoon. Viz wasn't great at depth but was quite good by the time I got to the shallow areas and the sun shining didn't hurt either.

It was a pleasant but rather uneventful dive until I got to the Honey Bear. The GPO wasn't home but a large Lingcod appeared to be visiting. Then I looked next door to the area where the large round holes (windows) are and I saw a large grey living and moving something. I didn't see it until I was about a foot away so it startled me a little. I had been looking for Sixgills out deeper, didn't see any but they were still on my mind. I then knew that it couldn't be a Sixgill in the Honeybear but I was just looking at large grey flesh. These thoughts only took a few seconds of course and then I saw the large puppy dog head pop up through a small (too small) hole in the top of the Honeybear.

The harbor seal was in there and I don't know if he felt trapped or just didn't know how to get out but he get trying to force himself out of the Honeybear through this small hole in the top. It wasn't working and it wasn't ever going to work. I just stayed there, far enough away so that he wouldn't feel trapped and hoped he would figure out how to get out the way he got in before he ran out of air. He finally figured it out and bolted for the surface.

Maybe Junior isn't so smart but it made for an interesting dive.
Gray

Clearly this seal is going to be comic relief for us for the next while . . . last I heard, he was snuggling in Bob's arms :)

Wait...we already have a Junior Jr.?

Or did the original come back?

laivindil:
Wait...we already have a Junior Jr.?

Or did the original come back?
He's the same loveable, playful seal ... just a lot bigger than he was last year ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
He's the same loveable, playful seal ... just a lot bigger than he was last year ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think this is the same one that was trying to have its way with one of the girls in a fundies class last year!!... Got it on video.. way... way..WAY to funny..

She had her mask off and thought that one of the team was messing with her.. NOPE!

If I can dig it up, remember the girls name and get her OK, I'll post it..

*WARNING* you may pee yourself!!

Back
Top Bottom