unlucky with my Patima for Canon G10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_Devil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Forum

Unfortunly I have a problem with my new Patima for G10.

Between 0 and 5 meters the Patima becames to enter water (very few but ...) from LCD side cover.

I have to remove the LCD cover to clean the salt from inside. I lubrificate the o'ring but the result were the same ... with low pressure the water came inside.

Patima users and owners for G10 have similar problem?

Thank you
Best regards

When you said lubricate... make sure not to over do it. For the whole o-ring you should typically be using a dollop of silicone the size of a grain of rice. Remember the oring seals the system, not the lubricant. Too much and it will cause a flood.

Go over the whole system again. Look for any sand, hair or other debris. Check the housing itself for nicks, dents, cracks or anything which could prevent the system from sealing. Make sure to test the housing by itself "without the camera". Put a paper towel or other absorbent material inside the housing and go do a dive. If there is any water, then repeat the process of finding out possible causes and then test again. If all fails, send the housing back to Patima for repair.

Sorry to hear about your issues.

FrankPro1 is correct, the lubricant does not assist in keeping the water out, its only use is to ensure that the o-ring doesn't dry out. If you use too much silicon grease on the o-ring particles will stick to it and cause more problems. I would change the o-ring and see what happens.

Regards,

Bill

Hi,
I do not use too much silicon grase. Only the necessary to prevent the o'ring doesn't dry out.

As I said I have to remove the LCD cover pannel to clean the salt that were being the LCD cover, witch I can not clean without remove it. I notice that the o'ring are very dry (from factory). In fact I do not know if this o'ring use silicion grase or not .... I supose yes!!!

I clean all the parts and made another test on a 5m pool.

At 5m no water cames inside regarding to preasure ... but at 2,5m ... I saw a litle water passing to the inside of the housing (between o0ring and housing, not between o'ring and LCD cover). 1 or 2 hours I thing that the housing will became to flood and damage the camera... The tests were made in the same place were I bought the housing.

It's strange because I do not see any problems ... The only reason I suspect could be quality of the o'ring ... The housing do not have the LCD cover o'ring set. :(

The housing is new, only have the flood tests and 2 tests dives....

Thank you
Best regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom