United non-stop LAX to CZM starting in January/February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's going to be at least 2 years away. Some people won't recover emotionally or financially.
I hope that's predicting on the pessimistic side of what will happen, but time will tell. Personally, I anticipate recovering emotionally pretty quickly once the threat has been eliminated or at least drastically reduced, and I am fortunate to have retained my employment (so far) throughout the pandemic.

I'm not usually a pessimist but what I see in the world today how can you not? I'm shocked at how quickly people are willing to sacrifice freedom for safety. And don't think that bureaucrats around the world aren't paying attention and taking notes to how easily populations can be controlled.

I'm not usually a pessimist but what I see in the world today how can you not? I'm shocked at how quickly people are willing to sacrifice freedom for safety. And don't think that bureaucrats around the world aren't paying attention and taking notes to how easily populations can be controlled.
There's a lot I could say to that but I won't. It's not the right forum for it. I'll just say that the freedom for security tradeoff is a continuum and neither extreme is desirable.

Your right , this forum isn't. I'm just in a bad mood. need to get away.

To back on topic. There are currently flights to CZM from both Montreal and Toronto. We are connecting from Montreal to get a few extra days in and it leaves at 8am. The Toronto flights were 6:15am. Getting up at 3am to make the flight made getting a splitting headache at 2pm a certainty. I just remembered the last 2 years we arrived while the cleaners were still there. A certain disadvantage for waaaaay to early flights

At least you get your $ back?

Air Canada (and probably the others) have no legal obligation to do so. AC is offering Aeroplan miles in exchange but nobody has/is getting their cash back. There are fares that are cancellable but usually at 50%-100% higher than the most basic fare.

It's still going on, they have flights scheduled for Jan/Feb they 100% know they won't fly but will happily take your cash

However tickets on miles can be cancelled/changed for free and I have been doing so. Kinda ridiculous if you think about it. However this is a game I know how to play.
The rules seem to be changing all the time. We have a mix of flight vouchers (must fly to same destination or pay a change flight fee) and travel credits ($$ amount that can be used for anything).

For a long time Aeroplan reward flights could be cancelled with no penalty. Cancellation penalties were put back in place on Nov 8 when the "new" Aeroplan was launched.

Fully refundable tickets have been running about 15% extra for the flights we booked in the last 2 months. Well worth the premium considering AC already has lots of our money.

Biggest pain is that as AC slowly adds more capacity we find our domestic flights and connections keep getting changed.

Its odd they don't have any nonstops to CZM from NYC area?

Maybe a NYC - CZM route would cannibalize the NYC - CUN route. They would rather run a fuller flight on the latter than two planes with the same total number of passengers.

Maybe a NYC - CZM route would cannibalize the NYC - CUN route. They would rather run a fuller flight on the latter than two planes with the same total number of passengers.
Your mistake is that you are trying to apply logic to decisions made by airlines. :D

For a long time Aeroplan reward flights could be cancelled with no penalty. Cancellation penalties were put back in place on Nov 8 when the "new" Aeroplan was launched.

Currently Aeroplan flights are free to cancel/modify until Dec31/2020. I did see a post on flyertalk where someone stated that date was moved to March31/21 but I can't find any proof of that.

And I did get the extra charges wrong for cancellable fares, it is 15%.

Our Aeroplan flights to AZ last month got changed 4 times with 3 days added on.

I would so love to avoid AA out of LAX.

What a classic crappy batch of Business / First class flights to and from CZM we just had with AA.

"I will NEVER fly with them again. ,,,,,,Well, unless they are the cheapest and / or have the best schedule. But still."

;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom