United non-stop LAX to CZM starting in January/February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found it on Google Flights. Departs LAX at 9 AM arrive CZM 4:35 PM. Departs CZM at 5:35PM and arrives LAX at 8:05pm. Saturday only with first flights starting Feb 13. $394 r/t according to Google Flights

That’s pretty amazing UA is adding routes.

One of my dive buddies has worked in the airline industry for 30 years and my dive mentor is a current pilot. Both have been sharing with me the consequences of COVID and the impacts are staggering.

I don’t know what insight they’d have about UA adding routes but the first word that comes to my mind is “resiliency”.

All I can tell you if you book it is check daily. I have had four flights cancelled by united in past 6months. I fly to coz and merida. They will stop flights for a month then open up flights and seems if no passengers they cancel it. I have a trip booked in Jan. For merida. They currently aren't flying there now. Supposed to start in dec but I think if no passengers they will cancel again. Just beware.

Its odd they don't have any nonstops to CZM from NYC area?

Its odd they don't have any nonstops to CZM from NYC area?
That is an interesting point. I don’t know why either.

Could have to do with time zones—NYC can still connect same day through other cities while leaving at 5:45am. Definitely very early but not middle of the night.

To make same connections from LAX they would probably have to leave at 3am. Not certain how many takers they would get for that (and whether they like to schedule ground staff for those hours). I have hardly spent any time at LAX so don’t know how busy they are in middle of the night.

EDIT: To your point, I am also surprised United hasn’t added a couple of weekly NYC non-stops given their renewed focus on leisure travelers and the other CZM flights they added.

At least you get your $ back?

Air Canada (and probably the others) have no legal obligation to do so. AC is offering Aeroplan miles in exchange but nobody has/is getting their cash back. There are fares that are cancellable but usually at 50%-100% higher than the most basic fare.

It's still going on, they have flights scheduled for Jan/Feb they 100% know they won't fly but will happily take your cash

However tickets on miles can be cancelled/changed for free and I have been doing so. Kinda ridiculous if you think about it. However this is a game I know how to play.

I suspect that when/if the pandemic subsides demand for air travel will skyrocket and so will fares.

That's going to be at least 2 years away. Some people won't recover emotionally or financially

and the 737's are going to be re-certified soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom