Unexpected find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yesterday I did a couple of beach dives with some friends that are in town. While I was hunting for little stuff I missed the 7' manta that buzzed over me. My friends tell me it was just a foot over my head. I didn't see it, but I did hear my friend yell manta through his reg.

Anyway, I never expected to find this on the beach dive. I'm pretty sure it's a female Bluethroat pikeblenny. The book says uncommon Florida.

1249608513_DSC_9987.jpg

Cute little blenny! Heehee, but not much of a consolation for missing the manta? Were yr friends pulling a fast one on u? ;-)

thats pretty cool.

oh the irony though...

most people don't see the little things for want of the bigger ones......................

The camo on it is amazing! wow!
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Yeah, they blend in really well. It's the movements that usually catch my eye.

thats pretty cool.

oh the irony though...

most people don't see the little things for want of the bigger ones......................

For years I was one of them. I would zoom around the reef looking for the big stuff. When I first took up U/W photography I was mainly shooting W/A so nothing much changed. When I got into macro, it changed my whole way of diving. I can spend a whole dive right under the boat.

nice shot !

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom