Undiscovered Quarry...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvr4lyf

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Went diving yesterday, doing my dry suit cert. Surface temp was 56 and temp at depth was 55 - not too bad I guess. Our shop went with a local volunteer fire dept. They had permission to use this quarry for training. The cool part was the quarry had only been explored 4 times before. Very cool checking out unexplored areas!!!! Going to new areas/sites youv'e never been or seeing a wreck for the first time is always cool. Having the opportunity to dive somewhere virtually unexplored made me remember why I started diving in the first place.
Anyone else been fortunate enough to do some exploring this year??

Sounds cool. There's a quarry near us in Maine that I've been thinking about trying. We'll have to wait until spring now, though. We'll have ice on it before too long.

Where was this? I am in Westminster . . .

Where was this? I am in Westminster . . .

Sorry but I was asked not to make the location public knowledge because it is a private quarry.:no: And the firefighters would enjoy continue using it for training. I can tell you we didn't get much deeper then 35 ft. Vis was terrible and it was a cold dive!!! Add to that we got hammered with rain when we got out and were trying to dry off and I would call that a bad dive. But of course any day diving is a good day!!!!

Sorry if I'm being a stick in the mud.:wink:

Was this Brassanchor's drysuit class? We've been looking at that, since they seem to be the only shop in the area that actually has rental suits to try-before-buy. Unufortunately we were tied up this weekend. How was the class overall?

Was this Brassanchor's drysuit class? We've been looking at that, since they seem to be the only shop in the area that actually has rental suits to try-before-buy. Unufortunately we were tied up this weekend. How was the class overall?

Yes, but I don't think they use this quarry ever. Just so happened that I got lucky. Great class I guess..... I mean it's just a dry suit. Most of the firefighters had already used thiers but needed cert for insurance.

Sounds cool. There's a quarry near us in Maine that I've been thinking about trying. We'll have to wait until spring now, though. We'll have ice on it before too long.

Where abouts in Maine are you?

Also, the ice is coming; the ponds along Rt. 26 driving to Bethel already have a thin sheet!

Where abouts in Maine are you?

Also, the ice is coming; the ponds along Rt. 26 driving to Bethel already have a thin sheet!

We're in Milo and the ponds and rivers have a bit of ice on them already. The Piscataquis River in Dover-Foxcroft is frozen up river from the dam. I think it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow so we might lose the ice. I was hoping for some good pond hockey.

Was the fire dept. you dove with Gamber?
I reside in Sykesville

Back
Top Bottom