Underwater Walkman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a link around here somewhere for an underwater walkman, but I can't seem to find it right now. However, I don't think it would be too tough to build. You would need an underwater canister like what they use for lights and a waterproof fitting for the headphone cord. I would guess that the earbud type headphones would work the best since they would go inside your hood.

Here is the link for a do-it-yourself site that shows how to build a number of things including canister lights. Good luck.

Ty

You need waterproof headphones. The water can actually leak down the wire of non waterproof headphones and ruin the walkman and the headphones.

Yeah I've heard of someone using the headphones from an underwater metal detector.

diversdiscount.com also sells and underwater walkman....pricey though.

tchil01; I checked out the link and could not find anything on walkmans. Some stuff on lights that could be usefull. Thanks for the link!

Unless you're doing boring stuff like cleaning the bottom of boats in a marina, why would you want to listen to music underwater?

:confused:

I can just picture Uncle Pug relaxing to some Enya while zipping along on the scooter...!

:jester:

Suppose it would be okay for anyone doing long deco stops...

Originally posted by bengiddins
Unless you're doing boring stuff like cleaning the bottom of boats in a marina, why would you want to listen to music underwater?

:confused:

I can just picture Uncle Pug relaxing to some Enya while zipping along on the scooter...!

:jester:

Suppose it would be okay for anyone doing long deco stops...

Deco Stops

ID

Originally posted by Iguana Don

Deco Stops

ID

Add one of those magna-doodle slates for playing tic-tac-toe and you are all set...

Ty

Back
Top Bottom