Underwater videography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gail_L

Reaction score
I have recently received my underwater housing for my camcorder-Today, My question because it is slightly neg. in salt water should I back off my wieght in my pouches? Also just wondering if anyone has any problems with the ikelite housings? I've got one for my camera and have a ball with it thanks to a few people who have pointed me in right direction for film.. :jester:

First time using a 5mm suit this past weekend, with 20lbs. worked well.. Probably able to drop another 2 lbs off though.. No it wasn't a trick question, either actually just a curiousity type question..

I like my cameras trimmed neutral in the water. You should be able to hold it with one hand and control it with ease. One secrete I have found is to swim along with the camcorder in one hand using my other hand to stabilize myself. The wider the lens, the better and HID lights make things look great.

Shoot a lot of footage and stay on your subjects longer then you think you need. Move SLOWLY and pan SLOWLY. Try to shoot things from right to left then left to right. Let some fish swim off frame. Others you can follow. This all comes together when you start editing which comes next!

If shooting people, close shots work the best. Everyone likes eye contact and/or expressions. If you can afford it, interfacing underwater communications with your video adds a great dimension to the final product. It’s always great for the viewer to hear you talk about what is going on.

Good luck. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom