Underwater video on Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice videos. I live in Okinawa also and had been considering getting into SCUBA diving. Is there anywhere you would recommend classes? Torii Station, Tsunami Gear, Kadena Marina?

I recommend using Larry Byerly through Torii Station, he was my instructor. He is as old as the hills but knows his stuff and certified I don't know how many people. Let me know if you use him.

Torii is good. I know and have assisted Eric Hill's class but have never worked with Larry. I would think either would be good.

Darlene Fong out of Kadena Marina is also good.

Not sure about Tsunami Gear on the Marine bases.

I bought an X-scooter and it came in last week! I took it out on its first trip in the water Saturday morning and had a great time. Here is a link to a bit of the video.

19 July 2008
YouTube - 19 July 2008

Still need to do a bit on the buoyancy (maybe 50 grams?) and dial in the leash a bit. Man, that was fun! I think I'm still smiling!:D

Reef Rovers on Kadena ceased operation in the 90's, they are not around any more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom