Underwater TRIPOD: adaptive and stable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what youre saying is that as long as you get good video, screw the reef?

GREAT ATTITUDE!!

So what youre saying is that as long as you get good video, screw the reef?

GREAT ATTITUDE!!

Sadly that seems to be what his opinion is.

I was in Thailand 3 years ago diving a pinnacle and was sharing the ocean with an Austrian diver with huge expensive HD underwater video camera.......and me with my little point and shoot. Hin Daeng is a cleaning station and we found 3-4 mantas in the water. I floated neutral 10' off the pinnacle top reef.......mister expensive HD camera guy felt his video was worth crashing onto the reef for stability while he video taped. I respect only 1 of these divers.

As for video of things that only appear when nobody is around? I would personally divers that are not filming for the "big screen" take the time to put the reef's well being before their selfish desires.......but that is just my opinion. And I expect the professionals to act in a responsible manner....just my naive expectation. At the very least, this would greatly reduce the people crawling all over the reef.

First here are our videos, actually my wife shoots 90% of the video. If you go to our "Conservation" page you will see the Guidelines we go with. Even her macro shots are taken as she hovers over the sand not laying in it. Aquablue Dreams

I don't mean to start a flame war just point out my concerns with people using tripods for recreational shooting. Plus I am not a fan of Pro shooters using them either.

Show us your video

I used a mounting system that supports the Gopro. It has legs that extend that can go into soft bottom and legs for placement on hard bottom. It seems to work pretty well.

[video=youtube_share;ZyH8KsRbqD8]http://youtu.be/ZyH8KsRbqD8[/video]

Go Pro Video: July 2012 Family Springs - YouTube

I used a mounting system that supports the Gopro. It has legs that extend that can go into soft bottom and legs for placement on hard bottom. It seems to work pretty well.

[video=youtube_share;ZyH8KsRbqD8]http://youtu.be/ZyH8KsRbqD8[/video]

Go Pro Video: July 2012 Family Springs - YouTube

Really enjoyed your video, the Mako tray is interesting gear. Seems the fresh water fish in the spring like to look at the unattended camera too. :)

---------- Post added November 18th, 2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

First here are our videos, actually my wife shoots 90% of the video. If you go to our "Conservation" page you will see the Guidelines we go with. Even her macro shots are taken as she hovers over the sand not laying in it. Aquablue Dreams

I don't mean to start a flame war just point out my concerns with people using tripods for recreational shooting. Plus I am not a fan of Pro shooters using them either.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it and did look (the link for the Solomans seems to go to the sharks)

Everyone has their "issues" for me it is shark feeding, we don't feed the alligators or bears; so why sharks. Hope to see more video

Huh, bummer the OP got driven off. I understand the concerns about reef damage. I have a project in mind where a tripod would be handy & the bottom will be mud or sand so was hoping some constructiove ideas would show up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom