Underwater squadron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Phuket guys, I've not heard much about your infamous aircraft wrecks recently. Have they been sunk yet, and if so, is anyone diving there?

They're sunk in the Bangtao area and daily 2-dive (longtail boat) daytrips are offered. One dive at the wrecks and one dive at Koh Wae.
It's really too bad that those planes were not sunk somewhere close to SharkPoint or Racha Yai.

Last edited:
The destruction of the site was ‘very upsetting’, given all the work and expense put into the project by the TDA and the numerous other agencies and organizations involved, he said.
Well, anybody who works here in the diving industry could have told him that. Hell, even he knew it, but he managed to do good business last year with trips to the squadron, so who cares. Just a pity for him it only lasted 1 season.

.....The missing aircraft were probably buried beneath the sand, he said.....

I find that a hilarious statement.
Do they really believe whole aircrafts are now buried beneath the sand and silt??? I think all they'll find beneath the sand will be bits and pieces of aircraft. If at all...
Imo it's more likely most of the thin aluminum plates will have been carried away by currents, simply corroded away or salvaged by some local scrap metal divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom