Underwater Sports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone take their OW class through these guys? With this special, it might be enough to get my wife certified(she is a little hesitant, but I think a good deal will tip the scale) but if she doesn't have a good experience, it'll be 10 years before I can convince her to try again. Looking for some first hand knowledge.

As with any shop and their instructors...you have to be educated and ask the right questions on the classes and certification.
I have known several instructors through UWS and most are very good.
Ask questions, talk to the instructor, etc...
Hope this helps.
K

Thanks, I think it will be a little while though...she pointed out that a Drivers Liscense is priority(i guess...) so maybe later.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread but has anyone been to Underwater Sports Divers Fair next weekend. They sure are making a big deal about it and claiming it is “THE LARGEST SCUBA SALE IN THE NATION!” Is it really as insane as they claim? And are there some good deals there? Anyone who as been to this in previous years let us know the truth. Thanks

I went to the divers fair last year to get certified. I remember there being low prices all over the place and very knowledgable sales reps from some company or another there. What exactly was on sale I'm not sure. I didn't know anything about anything at the time, maybe I still don't? Probably best to know what you're going to buy before you go there. UWS likes to recommend expensive equipment.

I got certified through Ken Pfau/UWS. He is an awesome instructor, as are his dive masters.

I need a compas....I have about $20 to spend on it.... the flyer mentioned up to 50% off...so I'm going to see....

I have been to several of the UWS locations.
Met great folks at all.

It is very important to interview any potential instructor.
A great instructor is only great if you can learn from them.

Good luck on getting a compass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom