Underwater scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack R

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has or has used an aquanut spu hands free underwater scooter?

http://www.aquadyn.com/

It looks great and since I drift dive a lot and use a camera this seems perfect. (and looks like fun)

I posted this in the equipment board but no one responded. I cant find anyone who has used this. I would like to get some input before I plunk down a thousand bucks.

Please let me know your experiances or any other suggestions.

Thanks

Looks cool... can I get a trial???

I can't see it being much use if you're photographing on and around reefs. I don't usually cover much ground at one time, just sort of poke along. Maybe if you wanted to cover a large area or were out in blue water, etc. but other than that I think any design scooter would be a major paid.

That said....I read a review of this scooter a few months ago, maybe in Rodales? It was sort of neutral, but honestly I didn't make it a point to retain much of what I read.

The reasons I thought it looked good was because its hands free and I drift dive in sometimes strong currents. Sometimes I bring a camera and sometimes I go for lobster (in South Florida) and sometimes I just go for fun with no agenda except have a good time.

I would have loved to have something like this scooter in Palau or Cocos Island when many of my shots were "fly-by" shots.

I have used a scooter before and it was a blast, but of course I needed both hands for it.

Also if it would hold you in place in a strong current, that could be handy!

It sounds good from a fun standpoint....but what do I know about scooters?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom