For Sale Underwater ROV with Speargun - Sit on your boat and Spearfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This ROV "Stingray" Speargun thing was ONLY and idea for the Divers who can't dive any more. Nothing more.
You're fine... however, you're getting a lot of feedback which you're free to use to improve your product. Consider it a bonus. As always, the efficacy and legality are up to the individual diver and the local authorities. Do you have a video of it in use? I want to see you kill something with it! :D :D :D

The Florida version of the Mason Dixon line is somewhere around I-4.
Now THAT is funny. Well said.

And, John, there is an inventor at the local machine shop building such a device that runs on compressed air. It carries a magazine of 10 darts (spears) specifically for lionfish. It works OK, funny when it comes up with a bundle of lionfish in the keeper and a bunch of darts dangling from the device.

Just saw this thread. My unsolicited 2psi. To the OP: Most of the successful product-oriented Kick-Starter type of campaigns I have seen start with a fully operational and tested prototype and is seeking funds for production. Most folks don't invest in an idea, they invest in the tangible article and its potential. I sincerely hope your product is the exception to the general rule (it has happened!) I am always rooting for the little guy (like me) to score big time with an idea! Truly hope you are successful. M

Who the buddy was I don't recollect, having not read the book for decades, however they were using hand granades tossed off the ship to stun fish, and it was the divers job to collect the fish off the bottom. There was a misfire, and during the wait the buddy figured it was long enough and dove in, the grenade went off. Cousteau dove in and got his buddy out and he was revived. The thinking at the time, it was impossible to survive a blast that close. They later became Guinea pigs for the testing of the effects of explosions on divers underwater. I think this was prior to the GRS, since he probably would have had different subjects.

To all you divers, Please except my apologizes if I a fended any body. This ROV "Stingray" Speargun thing was ONLY and idea for the Divers who can't dive any more. Nothing more.
I am going to put it on Kick Starter July 1. Who know's I just may help one old timer who can't dive any more who does want to sit on his boat a

I'm not offended, but pointing out that in CA it would be illegal without a change in the law, and from my reading of Florida fishing regs it is illegal there as well. The market would be rather limited depending on how other states wrote their fishing laws. I don't know their position on marketing a device made exclusively to break the law.

Fla fishing eregulations:

Spearfishing is a specific form of “spearing” defined as “the catching or taking of a fish through the instrumentality of a hand or mechanically propelled, single or multi-pronged spear or lance, barbed or barbless, operated by a person swimming at or below the surface of the water
(their bold)

Bob

All of you have just been great. Your thoughts are very In lightning. I did ask for your thoughts and boy-o-boy did i get it.
1) Sounds like California is out. Florida is out. Lets throw in Texas too. OK so what is my option's.
2) Guess I have to go to the Cayman Island's (I love) or let's go to the Caribbean. Any body have an "Importer Broker" down their?
3) Love Marsh Harbour, Bahamas. Have friends their. Great people. Island People. They all help each other.
4) Only wanting to make 3 of these ROV a month (as I am retired) down south of the border (US) seems the only way to go.

Again you all have just been great. Thank you "Scuba Lawyer" for your 2psi on KickStarter. You must be one of the 5% of the world. Figured
out a way that works.
5) Launching KickStarter July 1. All the world can say to me is "Wish you well on your Endeavors".
As I do for all of you.

Let me know if you need a boat designed. Check out my web site.
Thanks, John

Wish you well on your endeavors.

Florida is out.
Is it? I don't think it is at all. Unless it specifically prohibits a practice, it's fair game. I don't see that in what's been posted.

I don't either. Thank you. Until the "Men In Black" come up my driveway it is all game. This ROV is going to happen. In US or OUT of US.
I am interested in the "Lion Fish Speargun" form Wookie. Please send link of the Manufacture. It's sounds so cool.

I don't either. Thank you. Until the "Men In Black" come up my driveway it is all game. This ROV is going to happen. In US or OUT of US.
I am interested in the "Lion Fish Speargun" form Wookie. Please send link of the Manufacture. It's sounds so cool.
Don’t know if I’d call him a manufacturer. He’s the local guy at the machine shop who built a thing to kill lionfish. He didn’t build 2...

@JAKaprocki : Please ignore Spin-off topics on Grenade Fishing and Civil War History as these distractions are INEVITABLE in Scuba board

I looked at your website: Questions:
1) Back kick on the gun? If it goes spinning, will it get entangled in its cable? Does it need a stand to brace against rock or sand?

2) How deep can it go after lionfish? Some lionfish are out of reach of Divers, and killing them at 300-400 feet would help out, but cable is so long, needs a light

3) For regular fishing, is it neutrally buoyant/trim enough that it can just get into a good spot and wait without motors on?

4)Float? I thought if it comes with a float, and if it gets entangled in fishing line, you can hire a diver to go find and cut it free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom