Underwater Photos of Sailfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailor025

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of a sailfish or tuna? I once saw a photo with a sailfish and thought I'd love a chance to get that photo. This weekend I'm headed out to sailfish territory--wish me luck.

Rodney

PS has anyone been down in 1,500 ft of water? Not that I'm going that deep :) but I will be diving in water that is at least 300' deep to 1500 ft. I'm expecting really clear water and much bigger fish.

I've heard those deep water preditors, especially sharks, look at divers as snacks over the briny deep!

The poster for Jaws comes to mind....A shark head with rows of knarly teeth driving up from the deep blue.

Da dum....Da dum....Dadum Dadum Dadum.....:wink:

There's an exellent DVD set available by the BBC called the 'Blue Planet' - I believe should be on every diver's/UW photographer's 'must have' list. One section features the large pelagics with sailfish in it.

Okay, Dee! It's interesting because I've been worried about one of those big fish thinking I looked tasty. We may dive over open water by holding on to a rope from the boat. Will I look like a trolling bait or what???

Rodney

sailor025 once bubbled...
Will I look like a trolling bait or what???

More like snack on a rope! :shark: :D

Actually, I've read about those deep water dives and it sounds facinating. Some of the coolest things I've seen have been hanging in mid water on safety stops.

The boats throw out a tag line or some even have hang bars under the boat at 40-50 ft. These are used for safety to keep you from going too deep. It's easy to do with no visual reference. Vertigo was also one of the reasons.

One good thing...the vis is supposed to be in the hundreds of feet so hopefully you'll see old Bruce coming at you and can get back on the boat..........Nah, never mind.

:wink:

Iv'e heard tales of divers, down on rigs replacing Zink plates, getting swallowed whole then spit back out. Groupers the size of voltzwagons down there.
:eek:

It's not the Groupers that I would think about! The big 300+ lb. Groupers we used to see in Coz were like puppy dogs following us around the reefs. Sadly they no longer exist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom