Underwater Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your comments.

I should follow up with more info. I own a Cannon 20D now and want to enhance it for underwater use. The auto settings on my 20D are pretty nice but as hammerhead says it depends on one's skill level. I use my camera here in Afghanistan on what I see. I want to spend what it takes basically. The strobes and Ikelite housing look like they will run me around 3K+. Do you suggest the dual strobes for over all surround lighting of a subject or just a shingle strobe? In any case I agree with the black hole theory if one enjoys good quality pics to remember your dive. Cost seems elemental for me when looking for a good end product that I can exhibit.

Thanks Leesa for moving this to the correct venue!

Mark from Fark!

The 20D is a great camera and there are lots of options.

I have a subal 20D housing for sale at the moment that might get you into things. Let me know if you're interested. Subal is more expensive than Ikelite, even for the ports etc, so that may not suit you.

Ikelites are excellent value for money and have excellent customer support. Can't go wrong with an Ike!

I agree that a course is invaluable. I took a course from Mike Veitch, a pro on the board here and the investment in time and money far exceeded my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom