Underwater Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Canon 20D with Ikelite housing and strobes.

I'm jealous of Mike because I use a 350D in an Ike housing with DS-125 strobes. Were you looking for a DSLR system?

I use a Nikon D50 in Ikelite housing and 2 125 strobes. My LDS only sells Ikelite and there are about 8 of us with the Ikelite housing and strobes. We very highly recommend Ikelite although I can't speak for other brands because I don't use them.

I lost my rig for 8 weeks at 50 FFW when I found it no leaks in the housing or the strobes. What more can I say.

Attachments

• recovered_cam.jpg
    recovered_cam.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 55
How much are you wanting to/planning on spending??........

I think you have to decide how much you can spend and then look at your options. However, I agree with Diver Denis that UW photo is a black hole that you will dump lots of money into once you start :). I have used Sea&Sea UW cameras for years and have gotten great results. Check my "view gallery" to see some of the pics that I've taken with these cameras. My current camra is the Sea&Sea DX-1G with a Sea&Sea YS-110 strobe.

I believe that the quality of the pics is largely dependent on the person taking the picture rather than the camera. all of the cameras that are mentioned on this board are capable of taking great pictures. I would suggest that you take a few courses to improve your technique. I have taken three courses from this website The Underwater Photographer, Underwater Digital Photography Classes: Improve your underwater photos and found them to be very helpful. The cost is reasonable and both Marty and Bonnie are incredibly responsive if you have any questions about the course.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at jamescrew6@verizon.net

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom