Underwater Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

that's the difference between a snapshooter and a professional. A pro will not just snap and hope for the best, he/she will put themselves in the right place for the right photo. It's all part of the planning. You plan on distance, angle, velocity and framing.

Ed

Since the vast majority of us here are gladly amateurs, we're perfectly content to take a chance now and then on a wild shot coming out. I can't speak for the others but I do plan alot of my photos. I also find it cold and calculating and not very much fun when the planning takes precidence over the diving itself.

If you want to be a pro, go for it. For me, I'll stick to being a 'snapshooter' as you so charmingly put it. I'm a diver first, photographer second....and I like it that way

Hi, as i said... i'm only newbie... so a lot of thing to be learned.. actually the initial picture is taken where only my lens able to go in... moreover another hand of mine is busying doing medicure... so have hard time snapping it...

You have good composition.

You shot "underneath" (not from above)-this makes for a more interesting photo-more dramatic.

Beginners often just shoot-they don't think about how it's going to look on film.

Closer is better.

mdr231 once bubbled...
What kind of camera/set-up did you use?

Michael

Hi, I'm using Sony DSC-P9 camera with Sony Marine Pack... accessories included Sea & Sea YS25-DX Strobe and 2T Macro Len.

that's the difference between a snapshooter and a professional

The difference between a professional and an amateur photographer is that the amateur will only take one shot of any subject.

The professional knows that no matter how well framed, pictured, exposed etc. the best planned shot can still be rubbish. If they want a shot to work they will pay attention to detail and then SNAP OFF A WHOLE ROLL.

If you think you have good shot of a subject then take FIVE photos of it not just one (as you can't change films underwater). Save the one offs for "that was interesting and I want to show my friends what I saw" ... use the multiple shots for "I want to create something pretty damn special that I just might frame and hang on my wall".

Rule of thumb - if you get ONE great shot per roll of 36 then be happy. 2 is a bonus. 1 per two rolls should be expected.

may just mean you need to dive more !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom