Underwater Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencer81

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here as well to underwater photography. Recently came back from a trip shot some photos. Plse comment... :)

First, Welcome to the Board! :wave:

You photo is nice but your strobe was misplaced. The area of sand in front of the shrimp was lit (lower right corner of the frame) while the shrimp and background behind is was missed by the strobe and is too dark. It looks like you got good focus, you can even see the plaid pattern in the main shrimps eyeballs!

Work on your strobe placement.... that would have been a great shot!

ps...I can't tell you how many of my last photos got trashed for the very same reason! :rolleyes:

thanks for the advice...:)
Under that circumtances, i think i dun have time to adjust my strobe... busying doing cleaner shrimp medicure.. :bounce:
Here is another one..

Here here... sorry.. unable to delete the last post...

And this Funeral Jorunna Nudibranch :)

Sometimes you just gotta pull the trigger and hope for the best! :D

Hello,

that's the difference between a snapshooter and a professional. A pro will not just snap and hope for the best, he/she will put themselves in the right place for the right photo. It's all part of the planning. You plan on distance, angle, velocity and framing.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom