Underwater photo galleries sorted by camera.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Understand your reasoning, but consider the following:

1. Many people buy a point and shoot just to take snap shots... given the much lower cost, it is easy to have a very relaxed attitude regarding images.

2. A lot of people will either get a simple strobe. with a low cost tray and arm to go with the low cost P&S.

3. Most people buying a DSLR will get at least one good strobe and a nice tray and arm set.....

4. Most people buying a DSLR are way more serious about taking pics... as they just spent a lot of money.

5. Conditions play a great part in what is the "right" setup....using a wide angle where I dive, for example, and most of your images will not be very good...but dive in cllear water, and the reverse is true.

If you can take all of the above into account... then one might be able to see the dfferences in the camera...

Sorry pufferfish, the comparisons also included identical settings, all the way down to image, humidity, lighting, on a tripod, etc and I still prefer the D90 over the G10.

If I had been arguing this entire time that a piece of crap was better than a camera with a quality sensor and lens I would understand the response. But it is the exact opposite, I was swayed in favor of the better product.

If you guys want to go on and on about how a camera with an inferior lens and an inferior sensor can outperform a camera with better, knock yourselves out, but you are missing one important point. I am only one person, not 2 or 5 or 10. That means my abilities are going to be exactly the same for both cameras only their technology will make a difference.

It's like saying a professional race car driver in a Volvo can probably outrun grandma in a Ferrari on the racetrack. That may be true, but put grandma in both cars and she will go faster in the Ferrari every time.

This is my last post on this thread and probably this forum until I have something more useful to contribute, probably in the form of my first crappy picture :rofl3: Just for fun I will dig up this post in a couple of months and post the pic here.

Back
Top Bottom