Underwater MP3 Player

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Oceanic has come out with an underwater MP3 player.

64MB for $399 and 128 for $429 (I think). Its a small MP3 player in a housing with specialized ear phones.

The way water conducts sound I would almost bet you could crank it up and share your tunes.

I have seen it. My LDS carries it, but has anyone tried it?

Seems like it would be a great toy for long deco stops.

I just spent a chunk of change on a new class rig.

TwoBit

We used to have an aqua-speaker on the boat. It was cool on the night dives, hearing Bob Marley jamming away.....But not everybody enjoyed it.

Consider that price is for the player and the housing. Housings don't normally come cheep.

I don't know anything about MP3 players so I don't have a reference on the price.

TwoBit

Yeah
But the point is that memory is so cheap, for that price, yo ucan get a top of the line Apple IPOD that has like 20 or 30 Gig of memory. I just hate to see it when products are designed ofr underwater use, but watered down. Like the Aquapix, which apparently has really poor picture quality and resolutoin for it's price.

JAG

Seems expensive and I really like the time underwater with no other sound input.

I've heard these were out....any idea how it sounds underwater?

Back
Top Bottom