Underwater Metal Detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvo

Reaction score
I just got a Underwater metal detector acouple months ago. I have only found some change $.77 to be exact. No gold, no silver. Still looking

Think about going to Vero Beach area.
Any comments welcomed.

You can search the beach up to the water edge and surf, but don't go in the water. That area from Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter is protected leased rights by the Mel Fisher company. We have leased rights to search this area every year since 1990 at our cost of $1000.00 per year per boat. Only those showing a Commerical number on the boat hull are allowed in the water with a metal detector. If you are caught in the water with the MD you will be arrested. This is not a boast, this is the law. Stay on the beach.
That said, two years ago the good fathers of Vero dumped millions on tons of sand on the beach and buried a lot of good treasure under it. Best time is to go during a hurrican. Park on A1A and work the beach. Most coins (old spanish) are found during the storms not after it. Also, there is a Treasure Coast Metal Detection Club (search the web) that can help you. Good luck!:teach:

MD- Thanks for the Info. I did not know that. When you say park at (A1A) where at ? I see a couple of spot on the map Gov. tracking station , Jaycee Park or Wabasso Beach. I live of the other coast, Ft. Myers FL.

Thanks

Park by the treasure museum (McClarion Museum) on A1A and hike over the dunes to the shore. That is the Cabin Wreak and the start of the treasure coast. South in Vero Beach is the Rio Mar Wreak which lies just off the Rio Mar Golf Course. There is a small parking lot for about 8 cars there and a foot path to the beach. Going south look for places to park and hike to the beach. There are several books available about these sites and most dive shops along the Treasure Coast have them. YOu might start with Deep 6 dive shop in Vero or Melbourn http:www.deepsix.com. Hope this helps.

metaldector once bubbled...
You can search the beach up to the water edge and surf, but don't go in the water. That area from Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter is protected leased rights by the Mel Fisher company. We have leased rights to search this area every year since 1990 at our cost of $1000.00 per year per boat.

And they say wealth doesn't change a man; it sure looks like greed does. The fact that the state even issues such "leases" speaks volumes about the quality of individual at the helm in Talahassee.

I propose we try and get the sheriff’s department to concentrate on matters a little more pressing. I seriously doubt there are deputies on the beach looking for people with metal detectors, but if there are, shame on them.

So who wants to borrow my old trusty White's Treasuremaster?

MD-What about a beach dive? Thanks for all the parking info. I'm planning to head over to that area the first part of Sept. if everything goes as right. I'm over in Ft. Myers.

Thanks

Mel Fisher, no kidding...I saw that movie with Cliff Robertson.

So what do you guys use for handhelds? Any recomendations on models-granted Im' on the west coast where mineralization is supposed to be much worse.

I have a Whites SurfMaster PI. So far I have had no problems with it. If there is metal in the sand it will pick it up.

I was in chest deep water and got a hit, after 20 minutes of diving down and tring to get whatever out a gave up. The sand keep filling in the hole. I will be back with my dive gear, at least a weight belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom