Underwater Housings for Kodak Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowery399

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody know of any housings that have been made that are compatible with Kodak cameras? My Sealife camera got flooded and can't be repaired so I am trying to find something else to use without having to buy a whole new setup. I have a Kodak Easyshare C180 so if anyone knows of a housing that will fit that please let me know.

Yes I was serious. I have heard some rumors about developments for housings for Kodaks so I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about them. Thanks for your reply Nemrod.

Ikelite makes housings for 3 Kodak video cameras, but there are so many cameras on the market, you'll only find still housings for current offerings that are popular underwater, and usually by the camera mfg.
If you want Kodak to have housings, you need to let Kodak know that you'll buy other brands if they don't build one. I doubt that UW photo is a big enough market to worry them, though.

I too have a Sealife. Had it less than a year, and took it to 80+". It took on 1/4" of water. Not a happy camper, I. Well I sent it back, and they sent me a whole new setup. Camera and housing. I'm not sure I want to use it. I'm thinking of selling the whole setup, camera, strobe and carry case, and getting a whole different setup. I've heard a lot of good on the Ikelite housings. Also they have a package with a I think Nikon camera. I'm waiting for the next upgrade to get better quality pics. I am going on a cruise end of April, so I have to make a fast decision here. Just don't want to make a wrong one in haste. Try going to the Ikelite site, and put in Kodak, they might make a housing for your camera. Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom