Underwater Great Wall of China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nihaopaul

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys,

last year 3 members of Big Blue Shanghai went to the underwater great wall of China in Beijing heres a link to what we found, includes a video and a small write up: The underwater Great wall of china

it was a breathtaking dive, not because it was 8-10C but swimming along underwater to be presented with this HUGE wall staring down at you! plenty of places to swim in and out of - which use to be guard towers.

Man, it looks like mid-west muck diving.... :wink:

Visibility was good, plus we were the only divers in the lake, did you see the video? it was a bit eerie finding a pick axe just sitting there looking like it was frozen in time.

best muck diving i've ever had was in Mabul, Malaysia, nudi's everwhere, only time in my life where i got bored of Nudis!

Great story, I am curious as to any problems you might have had with any officials or suppliers. If you do not mind, could you give a brief background on what you had to do to get gear, air, and permission. I think many of us still see china as a closed country, and your story proves that things are changing for the better. Regards Scott

I wanna go there!

We work closely with a dive operator in Beijing, tanks, air, transport, boats and accommodation are all handled by them, they are a fantastic group of people with exceptional dive skills and provide a top level service, for compressors its a small bauer electric compressor (went through a few fuses that trip) which is why the amount of dives are limited. No permits are needed for this area, but a do not take, do not touch policy is enforced by the divers for the divers which we strongly preach also on our dive sites.

next expedition is this coming weekend where we're exploring a small island off the coast of zhi jiang province.. write up will be online end of next week

Awesome! I'd love to do this! Thanks for posting!

Man thats cool!

Back
Top Bottom