Underwater casing for Casio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tboxcar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone share their thought or experience with the housing (EWC60) which fits the Casio Exlim-S500. Any advice would be great, we already own the camera and am wondering if it's worth while to buy the housing for this unit or go buy another camera?

Haven't used one so can't help but check out www.digideep.com and www.dpreview.com for potential real life feedback...

I'd say if you like the camera and are comfortable with it getting the housing makes sense as it's the cheapest way to get underwater with a camera. If the camera doesn't do what you want it to do, then maybe use that as your backup land camera or ebay it and get something else for underwater. Check the pink link in my sig for some more ideas...

I was also looking at some of the casio's as my first UW camera. Now I'm leaning away from them becasue the only ones that have UW housings have almost no manual controls and I want something that I can grow into without having to get another camera in 6 months or so.

But like alcina mentioned, if does what you want it to do, go for it. HERE is a thorough review of it.

Thanks for the reviews, I already have the camera since XMAS of last year. I like it, and just figured I might get a housing for as well. The review does not talk highly of it, but it's all relative. Let me know if any review covers the actuall housing that is provided for it.

You might check out DigiFish for info on the housing - they are pretty good at keeping updated and seem to have a good selection of information on some older models, too.

I got a Casio 1050 and Casio EWC 90 housing and am happy with it. Easy to get to the controls, small. Easier to use than the Sealife DC500

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom