Underwater cameras/housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcagar

Registered
Reaction score
What is the best housing/camera i can get for a cheap price.

Thanks

What exactly are you hoping to do with this "cheap" housing/camera? How often will you use it? When you say cheap... how cheap? Like give a price range. The more info you share, the easier it will be for people here to help you.

Once a year on vacation, just a camera for fun to snap some pics, i have no idea on the price range....... 400 and below??

Do you want a camera for ONLY underwater, or a camera that you'll use topside as well for "everyday" use?

Underwater only i guess unless anyone has any better ideas, i have a 'land' camera but its 2 years old and i cant find a housing for it.

rcagar:
Underwater only i guess unless anyone has any better ideas, i have a 'land' camera but its 2 years old and i cant find a housing for it.
What kind of camera is your land camera?

Personally, I hate to recommend the reefmaster cameras, but they are complete with housing for under $400.

WPDC-900 housing. $169.95 @ Helix Camera and probably similar elsewhere. If you already have a quality camera, your best bet is buying the housing for it. Pretty soon you'll have lots of other stuff too, but you've saved the initial investment on the camera. Eventually, you might want to get a second one on e-bay or something as well, in case you flood it, which you someday might.

yup, best bet it to get the housing for your model. They are still available.

Have fun - have a look around the forum as there are several "getting started" and "tips for beginners" threads that will go a long way to answering any initial questions you might have.

Look forward to your photos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom