Underwater camera vs land camera & Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!

I've had my week in Egypt with my Canon Ixus 85 and have been extremely pleased with it. I ended up only snorkelling and not doing any scuba diving, but still got lots of photo's (around 360) and a few video's too.

The camera was very easy to use underwater, being able to quickly swap between still, video and review modes. As I said before I'm an amateur at this so wasn't playing around with shutter speeds or aperture or anything else, and i could easily get the photo's I wanted, with the fish being in the centre of the screen the majority of the time.

The underwater setting seems to help a little bit with putting some red back in, but I think I will need to play around in photoshop to get them looking the business.

I haven't uploaded the pics yet but will be putting them on facebook at somepoint, if any1 wants the link.

Thanks for all the help - i'm definitely a satisfied customer with this one.

Hoochie

Hello!

The underwater setting seems to help a little bit with putting some red back in, but I think I will need to play around in photoshop to get them looking the business.

Hoochie

Yeah, red is the hardest color to "add back in", because its absorbed so quickly, your best results will be in 10ft or less in terms of getting good reds. Manually adjusting the color channels in the levels screen in photoshop should help you get even better results.

If you are using CS3 to add the red back in (most of it also applies to CS4 or so I am told).

Back
Top Bottom