underwater camera or camera with underwater housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys im new to diving and i wanted to get a basic camera that will last me thru the years. wanted to get a housing for my sony cybershot dscp10 but they are all pahed out already, also i have heard the pros and cons of underwater camera vs. underwater housing. what to do confused?

Get the housing for your P10 they can still be found on e-bay (eg. E-Bay Search ). That will be the cheapest option. The P10 takes excellent pictures underwater, you can look in my galleries or web page for examples with a P5. Good luck and let us know the results.

Yup, I agree. If you love your current camera, find it's housing. Even most discontinued models will have housings kicking around somewhere.

If you are thinking of changing your land camera, check to see if there is a housing for it. Manufacturer's housing are usually less expensive and will suit many divers very well. The more expensive third party housings (Nexus, Subal, Ikelite etc) are great, but probably more than the average person needs in a lot of cases.

I generally prefer land camera with underwater housing rather than dedicated underwater camera. The only benefit of dedicated underwater camera is generally smaller size but it can still flood as easily as regular underwater housing in my opinion. Also there aren't as many choices as land camera with housing.

Cecil:
Get the housing for your P10 they can still be found on e-bay (eg. E-Bay Search ). That will be the cheapest option. The P10 takes excellent pictures underwater, you can look in my galleries or web page for examples with a P5. Good luck and let us know the results.

thanks found one in ebay!

Spoon:
thanks found one in ebay!

Sony P10 housing.

Bro try to visit "infomax". It's located at cyberzone in megamall. I saw some sony housings when i bought my a95 and housing last April. I think they have a branch in Greenhills too.

Sorry for the late reply.

One additional thought:

An underwater camera is relatively useless above the water, while a housed camera can be very useful on land. I use my Oly C-5050 for various other things in addition to U/W Photography.

Wristshot

Back
Top Bottom