Underwater buoyancy compensator for action cameras - Ricoh STAYTHEE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rearviewmirror

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Clearly Facebook's algorithm has me down pretty well - 浮力調整器・RICOH STAYTHEE

Thought this looked interesting. I wonder how it works - it doesn't look like it is lead/weight based so I wonder if it's oil/air based in terms of some form of displacement?

No idea if it'll be any good - the RRP is about $360 converting yen to USD, so definitely not cheap!

You might look at the Marelux version, you add air at depth. Seems to work well and not expensive (like $40)
Bill

You might look at the Marelux version, you add air at depth. Seems to work well and not expensive (like $40)
Bill

Popped up on my FB, too...Is this it (made to go on your arm)? Couldn't find anything else on their site but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place
1687901519872.png

This clips to your camera and at depth you inflate it til the camera is neutral. Supposedly it bleeds out as you go up. Phil Rudin reviewed it a while ago.
Bill

This clips to your camera and at depth you inflate it til the camera is neutral. Supposedly it bleeds out as you go up. Phil Rudin reviewed it a while ago.
Bill

The pic I posted above is it, so thanks for pointing this out as it's $300+ cheaper than the ricoh. Their product description gives zero indication that it's for a camera or even what it does (lol): "The Flexibuoy is mounted on the arm and blows inwards underwater to provide buoyance, and is available in 400 ml and 800 ml sizes"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom