Underwater Archaeology at Aquarena Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

Some of you have contacted me on and off for the past few months to find out when I would be teaching more underwater archaeology workshops at Aquarena Springs. I spoke to Eric Peterson yesterday and the dates are now set.

There will be 2 classes coming up this summer. One will be June 7-8 and the other will be August 23-24. It is a full day on Saturaday with only a few hours in the classroom and the rest of the day in the arena practicing skills and then on Sunday it is a half day in Spring Lake working on the Shiner site.

If you want to see more you can check out my syllabus or even call Aquarena for more details.

I am not sure if Eric has pasted these dates on to people at the Center so if you call, don't be surprised if they don't know about this yet. They will soon.

thanks

Layne

I took this class last year and really enjoyed it. Very informative. You will learn about archeology in general and specifically, underwater archeology. You will also pick up some additional history on the Aquarena site.

Layne--

Do we register with Eric for the class?

Do you need to have the science diver cert prior to taking this class?

Hi, Layne
I'm really interested in the August session. I'll be checking the calendar to see if it's going to work. Sure hope so! I've been interested in the archaeology program for a ever since the science diver session.

It has just come to my attention that the first class might already be full (not confirmed with Eric yet). i am going to request to have another date added during the summer or early fall. I would like to keep the class size around 10 but have heard there are far more than that signing up.

I will keep you all posted.

thanks for your interest

Layne

I know a lot of you are trying to get in touch with Eric or someone at Aquarena regarding this class. All I can say is keep at it. I can't take any names because I don't have the official roster so you will need to contact someone from the center to get on the list.

thanks

Layne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom