Underwater 3D Photographers please step in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how do you pull stills from the video?

Ooops, sorry, logical question...

I'm using Pinnacle Studio 16 & they have a snapshot button on the time line. You just find the frame you like and hit the button. The pictures all go to a single directory and you have no control over the file name. 3D images are saved as jpeg files but have the extension jps (for stereo, I assume). I have to change the extension to jpg for my copy of Photoshop (version 7) to recognise them. I've no idea if more modern photo editors can recognize the jps extension---windows doesn't.

I shoot with Nikonos V or RS though never together like you or 3D. I do however have a land 3D camera (Nashika 3-D N8000 with 4 lenses) that I never used, mainly because I don't know where to get the film developed and printed in 3D. Can you advise?

Do you have somewhere to get your Nikonos serviced? I'd still like to use mine.

I've never used the multi-lense 3D cameras like the Nashika or Nimslo, but it seems like service houses come and go. Have you searched through the various 3D web sites?

I have gone through a couple of Kodak Realist's and what I did with them is have the film processed normally, but request they not cut the film. I then scanned the images and combined the images in photoshop. This should work with your camera too---you'll just have more images to play with. You might want to shoot slide film to make it easier to look at when scanning, though most scanners (and photoshop) can handle negative film as well.

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I haven't been uploading to the Scuba Board gallery as much as I should but, am maintaining a flikr account:

Flickr: 3D87C4's Photostream

and YouTube channel:

Wayne Grabowski - YouTube

No. I traded emails with him for a month or two before he said his health problems prevent him taking any more business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom