Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74:
I am looking for a drysuit and have pretty much chosen a small list of ones I want and from there it is going to be who gives me the best deal.......the problem is the undergarments.

All I see are the bulky undergarments that to me are very expensive for what they are. I do a lot of backpacking, sometimes in extreme conditions and I would never thinking wearing anything so bulky under my Gortex. You also can pick up expedition weight underwear for a fraction of the cost of some of these undergarments. Are they so bulky because of compression? Do the thinner ones lose their thermal capacity due to compression? Could use some enlightenment here....thanks

The best undergarment HANDS DOWN is the Weezle Extreme +. I have owned many different dry suits and undergarments, but the Weezle blows all of them away.

When you are backpacking you are moving, probably
quite briskly. When you are diving you'll not likely be
exerting yourself (most of the time) hence you need
more insulation. Then there is the fact that water will
draw off warmth faster than air.

No, it is NOT necessary to spend big $$$ on an "O-fishul"
drysuit undergarment but you do want to make certain
that what you DO use will help keep you warm.

darylm74:
I am looking for a drysuit and have pretty much chosen a small list of ones I want and from there it is going to be who gives me the best deal.......the problem is the undergarments.

All I see are the bulky undergarments that to me are very expensive for what they are. I do a lot of backpacking, sometimes in extreme conditions and I would never thinking wearing anything so bulky under my Gortex. You also can pick up expedition weight underwear for a fraction of the cost of some of these undergarments. Are they so bulky because of compression? Do the thinner ones lose their thermal capacity due to compression? Could use some enlightenment here....thanks

Where can I get a Weezle? (Sounds like Snoop Doggy dont it - I'd like one in a minizzle)...

Anyway,,, who here in the states carry's them or can get one?

TLada:
Where can I get a Weezle? (Sounds like Snoop Doggy dont it - I'd like one in a minizzle)...

Anyway,,, who here in the states carry's them or can get one?

try, they can tell you where

http://www.weezle.demon.co.uk/wds/home.html

Tell them Curt Bowen sent you

And no they do not advertise in my magazine, its just the best suit!

There are a few folks who would disagree on the Weezle being a good choice... and I'm one of them. However it is great for those times when you forget to bring your sleeping bag. :D

I use the Bare 200 under suit which I like as there are not several overlapping layers on the waist. I also use fleece from 100 to 300 weights which I mix and match. I dive a 4mm crushed neoprene drysuit and a 7mm commercial neoprene drysuit. The Bare under suit is too warm in the summer in the 7mm drysuit.

The length of the dive and activity is important also. Long dive minimum amount of swimming, Bare 200. Summer drift 7mm suit lots of work 100 weight fleece. I always wear 200 weight fleece socks.

Back
Top Bottom