Undergarment recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't decide between the Weezle Extreme(simplyscuba.com) or the Bare T200(leisurepro.com). I'm in Minnesota so the warmer the better...I think.

what is the recommendation?

thanks,
Mike

Weezels plump when you gas them....
I almost sold mine to get a set of thinsulates....
But I am having a lady make me a set of polarfleece....
I like the Weezle ok but you really have to watch that you don't put too much gas in there as they can get away from you on ascent.
They have gained notority in my neighborhood due to the demise of a prominent diver who was wearing them at the time of a run away inflation.
I still dive mine. But if you keep the gas out of them they really compress and are not nearly as warm as could be.

I've seen the Weezle up close, but I haven't dove with it. It looks warm, I guess. I use the Bare 200 which has served me well for everything up here. In the summer, that's all I wear, and for ice diving, I use military weight poly undernieth with a heat pack or two for extra toastiness. I would recommend the Bare.

Good luck.

Mike

I have a set of the Weezle Extreme and really like them. They keep me really warm and have never had any problems with adding extra gas to the suit.

UP, could you please PM me with the information about the incident you mentioned in your post.

Thanks
Eric

I have the Weezle Extreme Plus and like them as well. I was diving today in 42 degree water and was fine. I was also using argon, though. I, too, have never had any problems adding extra gas to the suit.

Stacey

I have a custom set of andies undies made out of 400 g thinsulate they have large upper and medium bottoms..Was out in 42 degree water today was very toasty warm.No Argon..When I bought mine I think I paid less than $200 for them...just to throw them in the thought process...Stay Warm
Ken

I too use the Weezle Extreme and have not had a problem with this very warm material. April waters in New England are in the low 30’s at depth.

Dive Safe ……………..Arduous

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom