Under Water Camera's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of getting a camera etc. for underwater. I have been looking at this forum and was curious as to the setup for the Canon A95. Does anyone here use this camera and if so how do you put a strobe on the Canon housing?
If anyone has any recommendations of a good system please let me know. I am not a photographer but am trying to learn and I don't want to spend a few hundred bucks and then have to turn around a few months from now for upgrades.

Not interested in professional stuff as I don't know how to use most of it but willing to spend upwards of $1000 range.

I have a Canon A85, but I don't have a housing for it yet.

I have the A80 (the old model for A95)... and the canon housing. I recently bought a strobe for it, but havent really used it underwater. They canon housing works fine. if you want to spend the extra money, you can get the ikelite housing, but i have no issues with the canon housing.

you should look in this forum for more help/hints: http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309

I have an Olympus C-5000 5.0 (megapixle) with an olympus PT-019 housing and have really enjoyed it. The camera is pretty user friendly and the housing is specific to the camera. I got the set-up for about $350 minus the memory card. $200 for camera and $150 for housing. Check out some of my other posts for attached pictures. Picture of Set-up

You might take a look at an Oly c-7070, 7.1 mp and a corresponding Tetra housing...I think it's in your price range. It would be awhile before it becomes obsolete.

Regards,

Olympus and Canon are the frontrunners for consumer U/W cameras in your price range. Do a search in the U/W Photo forum for beginning cameras and you'll get lots of info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom