Unable to upload jpg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I keep getting a error message about the page that handles attachments.

The most common cause is size of photo; it would have said so, but easy to overlook. Can you be more detailed about the pic your trying to upload and the exact error message.

When you start an attachment upload it should look like this, and if under 400 kb load ok like this did...
Screen01.JPG

If larger, it should advise that it is too large, but when I tried today, I kept getting this instead...
Screen02.JPG
If you're getting that, I can see why you'd be confused. That's a board glitch I think.

Last edited:
I tried again, both with Safari and Firefox. The file size is 170 kB but reducing it to 70 kB didn't help. I got the following from Safari:

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari could not open the page “http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=3927681” because the server is not responding.

I uploaded the same file to the Scuba Toys forum without issue.
:

I tried again, both with Safari and Firefox. The file size is 170 kB but reducing it to 70 kB didn't help. I got the following from Safari:

Safari could not open the page “http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=3927681” because the server is not responding.

:
Now that is odd. I uploaded those screen shots with no problem using FF. Sometimes I have to forfeit using FF and open Google Chrome or yuck-IE, but never had an issue loading less than 400 Kb pics at attachments. And you said Jpeg @ 170 Kb. Nope, I have had a problem loading Jpeg pics under 400. I'm stumped, sorry I can't help.

As a review, these are the accepted formats...
Screen03.JPG

Now the questions is why can I load them and you can't...??

Wait, you said Jpg. I'm not sure the difference. I don't have any Jpg to test, but isn't that about the same thing as Jpeg?

Ok got your email with the embedded pic. I wanted it attached to be sure my Right Click to save didn't change anything, but saved it as a 171 Kb Jpeg...

Attachments

• DSC0175.jpg
    DSC0175.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 17

:
I'm getting a different error when I click on the link. It indicates that there is possibly something wrong with your account setup. I don't have admin privileges to fix it so if El Orans or another Admin doesn't respond to this soon, send a PM.

In the interim, you can link to the photo over on Scubatoys in a post here.

Wait, you said Jpg. I'm not sure the difference. I don't have any Jpg to test, but isn't that about the same thing as Jpeg?
The file extensions are interchangeable.

I'm getting a different error when I click on the link. It indicates that there is possibly something wrong with your account setup. I don't have admin privileges to fix it so if El Orans or another Admin doesn't respond to this soon, send a PM.
Thanks, I was stumped as I could not duplicate the problem.
The file extensions are interchangeable.
I thot so, but wasn't positive.

I got the exact same error from my other Mac.
Yeah SJ said above "It indicates that there is possibly something wrong with your account setup. I don't have admin privileges to fix it so if El Orans or another Admin doesn't respond to this soon, send a PM." Since DEMA Show - Home is this weekend, some of Admin will be busy and others maybe time challenged. If it's not fixed by Monday, then I would PM El Orans then. Good luck. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom