Unable to edit or delete thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkandls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How can I edit or delete a thread in the classified section that has not been sold?
Thanks.......

If you give me a link to the thread and tell me what you want done I'll see what I can do! :wink:

Kim:
If you give me a link to the thread and tell me what you want done I'll see what I can do! :wink:

I am not good with this computer stuff & links. Thanks for the help. Just want to delete the this post. Titled..... Dyrsuits & Tanks for sale

Can find it under seaching for ...." Diving concepts Drysuit"

jkandls:
I am not good with this computer stuff & links. Thanks for the help. Just want to delete the this post. Titled..... Dyrsuits & Tanks for sale

Can find it under seaching for ...." Diving concepts Drysuit"
Hehe, I am far from PC literate, but I have learned that trick, as it is pretty essential to discussions here on SB.com. Let me help you with that one. It should come in handy down the road, and - asking a volunteer Mod to hunt for a thread is a little much maybe. We don't see it, but many of them do A LOT OF WORK for us, and only a Mod, Sup, or Admin can remove a thread.

Being a computer dummy, I like steps spelled out for me, so I'll offer this that way:
(1) Find your thread and go to it. See the http:// follow by a long string of characters in your address bar above?? *
(2) Move your mouse to that address bar and Left click once to highlight it.
(3) Leave your mouse over the address and Right click it which will cause a pull-down menu to appear.
(4) Left click Copy from that menu to copy that address. {I was afraid of PCs but had to learn some to join SB.com a couple of years back, and this is where I learned to Copy&Paste}
(5) Come back to this thread, move your mouse to where you want the link to appear.
(6) Right click there to get the pull-down menu again, and Left click Paste to put the address there.
(7) The system will read the code and make it into a link for you like this:

Last year, I learned how to HyperLink, using the true name for your thread for example:

* What if there is no Address Bar?!?! That happened to me once. I keep my computer's Tech Support phone number on speed dial on my office phone, home phone, cell phone, and after an average of 6 phone calls, I can get someone I can understand. :D

Back
Top Bottom