Ultra Light arm ball ends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjnansen

Reaction score
My husband is a machinist and has decided he wants to make me a custom tray for my c5050. I would like to use it with the Ultra Light strobe arm set up (I haven't purchased this yet), but he wants to machine a ball attachment and the tray out of a solid piece of stock. What we need to know is what is the size (diameter) of the ball found on the Ultra Light set is so it will all work together. Thanks!

Thank you for the link, but I had already tried that- they don't specify a size- only the name of the o-ring replacements. I was really hoping someone out there will be able to measure theirs and let me know. Thanks

I measured mine using ruler (as opposed to a more accurate micrometer) and they appear to be 1" diameter.

1". It also has a groove running around the ball with an o-ring in it. This improves the grip for the clamps.
Would you mind posting a pic of the tray when it's finished?

ReyeR:
1". It also has a groove running around the ball with an o-ring in it. This improves the grip for the clamps.
Would you mind posting a pic of the tray when it's finished?
Thank-you everyone. It may be a while before it's done- we keep making changes! When it is, I'll be happy to post a picture

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom