UK Super Q E-LED Rechargeable Light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtivat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Let me start by saying this little light rocks!!

It uses an 18650 Lithium ion rechargeable battery and puts out 100 lumens for four hours. The web site says 90 lumens but the paper work with it say 100 not sure which is right but the light is bright. It is the same size as a Salvo Rat Jr but puts out twice the light. It has an attachment point at the back to place a bolt snap and is double o-ring sealed. This light has an almost square beam pattern and has almost zero side spill so it is great for a backup. I know you are going to say you do not want rechargeable for your backup well that is the great thing it will run on two 123's also. It would also be great for looking in holes on the reef but not a primary because of the lake of spill light. It should also be great in low viz area's but I have not tested this as we still have ice on our lakes. The light also has a clip on the back I am not sure if this will bother me or be helpful. If it does bother me a dremel will take care of it. In all I think UK hit a home run with this light.

IMG-7364.JPG

I agree. I have two and they work great in low vis 5'-10'. Nice tight spot. Doesn't intensify particulate. Wholesale about $70.00 each. UK great warranty support. Also use them on land. Very versatile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom