UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my R5 for my SL4. Wow! This is amazing and easily worth 3 times what Jim is charging.

Quick note: Don't use Energizer batteries. The shape on the negative side doesn't work with this configuration. Duracells work great.

Likewise, I'd like to pick up one of the R5s for the SL4. Can I purchase it directly or do I have to go through Ebay? Is there still a break on shipping?

Regards,

Does the P7 work in the SL6 also, or just the SL4? Was debating getting a P7 for my SL6 and the R5 for my SL4 to have a nice flood / spot combo in my gear bag...

So whats the going rate for the SL4 with R5? and how soon can you get me one...yellow preferred but will settle for black if you dont have yellow. Leave for Cayman and Cozumel in 8 days. elitephotophx@aol.com shoot me an email please.

Likewise, I'd like to pick up one of the R5s for the SL4. Can I purchase it directly or do I have to go through Ebay? Is there still a break on shipping?

Regards,

you can send me a Email to jjblomquist@comcast.net
I do PayPal to the same jjblomquist@comcast.net.
The R5 is 39.99 with free USA shipping 3 day

Does the P7 work in the SL6 also, or just the SL4? Was debating getting a P7 for my SL6 and the R5 for my SL4 to have a nice flood / spot combo in my gear bag...

I'm not doing the P7 right now. I need to find better drives for those. I did test a SST-50 it was way nicer then the P7. But they cost me 3x as much. I would have to sell then for at least $65 and I don't know how the demand would be at that price. What do you think anyone interested. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not doing the P7 right now. I need to find better drives for those. I did test a SST-50 it was way nicer then the P7. But they cost me 3x as much. I would have to sell then for at least $65 and I don't know how the demand would be at that price. What do you think anyone interested. Thanks

I'd really consider it... I would really like to have an R5 in my SL4 to keep a tighter spot beam, since that is my crevice light. I would love to have a flood type light in my SL6. I dive waters that have pretty good visibility, and having a dependable and bright set up that could be used as a main light in those conditions, all in the small size of an SL6...that would be ideal for me.

My main concerns would be in regards to burn time and problems related to heat build up. If the SST-50 is stable in the SL6 without burn out issues related to heat, and would have a burn time equivalent to the R5 in the SL4, I think that would be a real winning combination, even at $65.

Do you have any more details on the SST-50? Or do you think I should just order a pair of R5's and call it a day? :idk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom