UK Light Cannon won't start

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased a used LC for a good price. When demonstrated I could see that it did not start several times then it did work fine all of a sudden sevearal times.

When I brought it home, I tried using my NiCd pack, from my C8, and it has not yet started. Any idea of where to look first for the source of the proble? Could it be an intermittend switch? I have bypassed the battery contacts so I know its not those contacts.

Thanks

Jim

The best way is to contact the previous owner and get the lifetime warranty service...

I understand your concerns though... It will be all hassles to get it fixed by yourself.

My Light Cannon is very finicky about batterries. It only likes Duracells.

i had problems with my lc100 recently after having the ballast module replaced. Light would not start, but could see the arc try to start for a split second, make a soft buzzing sound, then all is quiet. Checked my batteries (NIMH) with multimeter to make sure circuit was good. Finally isolated it to the buld not being pushed all the way in the 2 pin holes. Pushed in firmly in and voila, there is light at last!

Try a fresh set of standard, alkaline, duracell batteries to make sure you have everything set up properly. And double and triple-check to make sure the spring plate and the batteries are inserted properly.

After that, call UK. They'll help you.

Back
Top Bottom